How to Increase Your Energy Naturally
Are you out of fuel by 3pm? If you are like many American's you end up unable to finish out the day. You are tired, lethargic, and from energy. If you suffer from low energy levels, there are many things that you can do to help boost your energy levels naturally. These include diet, exercise, and avoiding energy zappers through the day. So spend a few minutes reading through the natural energy boosters- and start living life to the fullest again!
1. Catch up on your Z's. How much sleep do you get each night? Many adults get less than the necessary 8 hours a day. Whether it's because of small kids, stress, or disease limited amounts of sleep can wreck havoc in your internal systems. Your body will essentially become an energy saving version in the afternoon to make up for the lack of sleep the night before.
Uninterrupted sleep is just as important as the amount that you get. Waking several times a night to use the restroom or toss and turn can mess up your REM cycles and leave you feeling exhausted up sunlight. So restrict fluid intake after 4pm and try adding a body pillow or feather mattress to improve your sleep quality. Continual sleep deprivation will lead to a wealth of health issues and concerns. So forgo the evening news and turn in early. Think about eating breakfast on the way to work to sleep in a few extra minutes a day. In a few days- you may be amazed at how much more energy you have.
2. De-stress your life. Anxiety comes in a variety of resources and can creep up on you when you least expect it. Work, children, and family are all major stressors in your day to day life. It's widely known that prolonged stress can lead to health complications, but they can also be a major zapper of vitality. Spending time and energy worrying about a presentation at work or your child's report card is only going to lead to energy depletion. So take charge of stress early on. Focus on issues as they develop, and resolve them quickly. Bottling up emotions and anxiety make it harder to get a decent nights sleep. Finally, decompress before you call it a night. Take a warm bath, read a fantastic book, or listen to a favorite CD to take away the strain of the past day. You'll sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
3. Avoid artificial energy resources. Many folks turn to caffeine and sugar for energy boosts, only to find themselves wiped out a couple hours later. Such artificial energy resources are great for quick pick me ups, but lead to crashes later on in the day. So skip them all together. They are bad for your diet and provide you little or no nutritional value. Instead skip with caffeine free beverages and fruit juice.
4. Get moving. Many people are surprised to learn that one of the best ways to beat energy imbalance would be to work out. Avoid exercising right before bed, because you'll discover yourself too hyped up to actually sleep. Instead take the opportunity to work out in the afternoon when your energy is at its lowest stage. Think about taking a walk around the block or the parking garage for a quick and easy boost of energy.
5. Eat healthier. What did you have for lunch? Processed foods full of chemicals and sugar can lead to energy depletion. Stick with healthy choices like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. After a couple of days, you'll be amazed at the new level of energy that you have.
6. Drink loads of water. The human body is made up mostly of water, therefore it's imperative that you stock up daily. Dehydration is one of the main energy zappers, and many ignore the signs until it's too late. So whenever you pass the tap, fill your glass up. Most physicians will recommend drinking 8 glasses a day, which may seem like a lot. But if you replace your morning coffee or cola for water, you can easily meet this requirement. If plain water is not appealing consider adding a splash of lime or lemon for a quick pick me up.
7. Take a multi-vitamin. There are hundreds of different energy boosting products on the market today. Do not fall for the hype. All you need is a excellent multi-vitamin that helps balance your daily diet.
If you follow these suggestions, you will start to experience more energy in a week or so! So have fun and start making a list of all of the things you may do with your brand new source of energy.